Wedding Decoration on a Budget: 6 Gorgeous Flowers That Won't Let You Down
For most brides, flowers are an inseparable part of the wedding decor and bridal ensemble. However, let's face it; real flowers can cause a major dent on the budget, especially if you don't have much knowledge about the right flowers. The common misconception is that the most exotic looking flowers are the most expensive. Just because something looks breathtakingly beautiful, doesn't mean it has to be expensive too.
Take a look at these six flowers that tell you exactly how you can achieve the most gorgeous wedding, without breaking the budget.
1. Asiatic Lilies
These are most inured of all variants of lilies. What makes them the perfect choice for wedding flowers is their large size, which means you get to use less and still create that fuller effect. In addition, they come in a plethora of colors ranging from white to yellow to red to pink and their various combinations. These lilies are available all year round and multiply quickly, which means price is hardly an issue. For those brides looking to add some feminine flair to their bouquets, centerpieces, or wall decor, these flowers are your best friends.
Hydrangeas are nature's answer to pom-poms and your answer to an awesome bridal bouquet on a budget. Hydrangeas lend that special feel of romance and elegance without much effort. Plus, they require little to no attention, which is something you will be grateful for on your wedding day. Hydrangeas bloom in large and dense clusters, which again, lessen your need for too many flowers.
Honestly, what is not there to love about this stunning flower? Its heavy and dense petals allow you to use it with other flowers, lending that inimitable texture to a bouquet. The fully bloomed flowers can be used individually and still create just as much of an eye-popping effect.
You'll find Carnations in shades like eggplant, hot pink, neon orange and lime green. The sheer intensity and boldness of the colors is unimaginable and unmatchable. This is what makes them the perfect choice for off-beat, quirky weddings. Also, because of their colors and patterns, even a single flower manages to grab about just as much attention as a full bouquet.
5. Spray Roses
For those who have their hearts stuck on roses but minds and eyes on the budget, stop fretting. Spray Roses are here to your rescue. They come in as many colors as the real roses. All you have to do is clump them together to create the rose-like ruffles, and no one will be able to tell they're not real roses. And just so you know, they cost around one third of the usual roses.
Alstroemeria is one hidden gem. Not many people use this flower for weddings, which is all the more a reason for you to try it. It comes in colors like blushing pink, bright yellow, pale apricot, lavender, fiery red, and white. Mostly used as secondary flowers in bouquets, Alstroemeria coupled with a few ferns and buds, can work glorious wonders too.
In addition, it's always wise to keep a few simple tricks in mind, which can help you save big bucks that you can actually use for a better honeymoon.
- The florist is your friend - They know flowers better than anyone else. Just give them your budget figure, and they will give you the best you can get. They will tell you about cheaper (but equally lovely) substitutes to expensive flowers. If you ask nicely, they might also tell you about how to spruce up flowers so that less looks like more.
- Know the seasons - Get a crash course in 'Flowers and When to Find Them'. Talk to the florist and save money by buying fresh flowers that are in season.
- Find alternatives - Flowers are never the start and end of the wedding decoration or bridal accessories. There are a plethora of (cheaper) alternatives to look at. You just need to keep your eyes and mind open.
- Find focus - If you want food to be the main highlight of the wedding, there's not much point in spending too much money and energy on flowers. You can easily keep the decor simple yet elegant. Things like music, food and location always take higher precedence. So, use them to your absolute advantage.
Keep your eyes open, do your research and you're sure to find something that will touch your heart and add that extra pizzazz to your wedding. Good luck!
This article is contributed by Jack Peters, a customer support executive at Funky Bunches, reputed suppliers of flowers online in Perth. Jack is an avid traveler and enjoys spending his weekends with his wife and kids.
- Accessories (26)
- Anniversaries (2)
- Bachelorette Parties (6)
- Beauty (12)
- Bridal Party (24)
- Bridal Showers (9)
- Cakes (33)
- Ceremony (29)
- Contests (9)
- Etiquette (38)
- Fashion (64)
- Flowers (22)
- Food & Drink (7)
- Gifts & Favors (36)
- Honeymoon (14)
- Inspiration Boards (34)
- Invitations & Stationery (27)
- Jewelry (14)
- Locations & Venues (43)
- Marriage – Relationships (16)
- Miscellaneous (1)
- Photography (19)
- Planning (135)
- Real Weddings (8)
- Receptions (54)
- Rehearsal Dinner (4)
- Tuesday Shoesday (18)
- Wedding Traditions (39)
- Wedding Trends (59)
- Weddings By Color (47)
- Weddings By Theme (87)